No matter what kind of business you are in, you need to optimize for local search. Local search is one of the last great untapped
resources of search engine marketing and optimization and if you can ensure that you are leading on local search you are going to
end up with a huge audience. So, how do you do that? There are several things that you can do to optimize your business for local
SEO. Here are some tips.
1. Claim your business listing. You would be surprised how many businesses fail to complete this one, very simple step. If
you want Google to list you locally, you need to let them know that you are there. Make sure that you are claiming your
business listing for each of your locations.
2. Next, you want to be consistent. Having the same business name, address and phone number across the entire internet
will be much more effective and inspire trust, plus, the local SEO bots will not get confused by conflicting information and
categorize you incorrectly.
3. Make sure that you choose the right categories for your business. Most businesses will easily fit into a single category, but
some will need more than one. You want to make sure that you know what categories you are listed in.
4. Make sure that you use citations. Citations are places around the web where you can list your business – to “prove” to
Google that the information is correct. Not only will this give you credibility with Google and consistency with customers,
but it will also give your website an SEO boost if you are linking back to your website. Some of the citation websites that
you can lose include the Better Business Bureau, the Chamber of Commerce in your local city or town, any associations
that you are a member of, any industry groups that maintain directories and pretty much anywhere else that you can think
5. Get reviews and testimonials and make sure they are posted on visible sites. It goes without saying that we’re talking
about positive reviews here. Websites like Yelp, Angie’s List, Google reviews and other sites that are listed fairly high in
the search engines can make a pretty significant impact on how your customers see you and whether they buy from you.
Everyone uses reviews these days to make buying decisions.
I hope you got some key information about How to Optimize for Local Search and take a moment to share this post.
Until next time – be sure to join my community if you haven’t already –http://fastactionresults.com/ and grab my free gift for you.
I Help You Get Seen – Be Heard – Make More – and #ReachMillions
#1 International Best Selling Author of 31 Days to Millionaire Marketing Miracles
PS – Are You Ready to Improve or Create an Effective Online Business?
Want to Jumpstart Your Results
Right Now for Under $10?
Take Advantage of My Online Marketing Series
“Discover The Step-By-Step Blueprint To Successfully Create Your Online Presence for Your Business… Starting Today!”
Access This 10 Part, Step By Step Online Business Blueprint Instantly!
Regular Price: $97.00
Today Only: $9.97!